Using detailed, hand-drawn plans, Landscape Solutions defines a space that incorporates your ideas with professional recommendations. Susan Murphy can provide layout designs for the do-it-yourself gardener or arrange for complete design and installation. We will do our best to match any competitor’s bid for your project. Bring us your plans and we may be able to provide you with alternatives to find you a lower estimate for your project.
Creating a beautiful project for our customers is what our mission involves and customer service is extremely important to our company. Working within a defined budget, we can provide a variety of design services from rough sketches, to large scale estate plans. We can work with your existing structure but ideally, landscape design begins during the design phase of your structure.
Plans are priced on an hourly fee and charged separately. Details of itemized hard goods, labor and plant materials are available for the customer’s review allowing the client to fully understand the elements that go into their landscape design installation. We don’t like surprises, and will completely explain your design’s cost.
Each client sees a complete list of details and can prioritize or eliminate aspects of the design to “phase in” or simplify a project over a period of years. Typically, with open communication before the project begins, there are no surprise additional costs, unless of course the client agrees to or wants additional work. Additional work is charged on a time and materials basis with the customer’s approval before work begins.
Introducing Susan Murphy-Jones
Meet Susan Murphy, owner and lead designer at Landscape Solutions. Susan is known for her ability to create connections between the architecture on site and the surrounding landscape elevating the quality of the environment for its owner.
Susan takes pride in being environmentally responsible, taking care to suggest product and design concepts that are environmentally sound. She is always continuing her education to learn more earth-conscious techniques to incorporate into her next design project.
Susan holds a variety of certifications and special awards.
- Associates Degree in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Arts in Art & Art History
- Over 20 Years of Experience as a Professional Landscape Designer
- Certified as a Professional Landscape Designer by the Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- Certified in Shoreline Restoration
- Certified in Health Care Design
- Certified in Green Roof Design One
Highlights of Accomplishments
- Selected as an award winning designer by the Wisconsin Landscape Federation in the residential design and construction area in 1999.
- Featured in the Clem Labines Traditional Building, The Professional Source for Historical Products for a residential design project.
- Featured in Wausau Daily Herald as recognition for various projects.
- Awarded the Community Greening Award from the Minnesota Horticulture Society in 1991 and recognized by the governor of Minnesota
- Recognized by the city of Circle Pines for contributions of designing and maintaining the garden enhancing public buildings.
- Awarded “Special Service Award” from Wausau School District.
- Awarded National Silver Award from the APLD for kitchen design in 2006.
- Award of Excellence in 2009 from WLCA for commercial landscape design and consultation.
- Designed Shakespearean Garden for Wausau West High School. Collaborated with high school students, providing direction and leadership in installation.
- Designed planting for Women’s Community Shelter.
- Assisted in organizing planting bed for Community Health Care Hospice.
- Mentored high school student with a desire to go into landscape design.
- Donated design to Hospice House for their healing garden.
- Donated and planted boulevard for Weston Elementary School.
- Work with Master Gardeners to maintain historical gardens.
At Landscape Solutions, we feel giving back to the community is an integral part of doing business. We do this by giving to a variety of charitable organizations or projects and assisting our community by taking both horticultural and technical calls. We also write articles for the local newspaper.